Statusopen - Full-time (40 Hours/Week), Non-Exempt, Hourly TEMPORARY Position
Manages a large amount of inbound and outbound phone calls with excellent customer service skills. Provides accurate and timely updates to the member database and billing system. Performs all additional duties associated with member payments, account management and member education.
General Job Requirements
- Shall be familiar with Cooperative Bylaws, Policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Stays informed of general Cooperative issues and attends related training classes.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and programs including Microsoft Office Suite and NISC iVue Application Suite as well as possessing a thorough knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, including English composition, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Must demonstrate honesty, integrity, confidentiality, dependability, and flexibility along with initiative and motivation to organize and complete tasks and meet deadlines, acting independently and with minimum supervision and direction.
- Shall perform duties and assignments and conduct self in such a manner as to reflect credit on the Cooperative and contribute to an increasingly better understanding and harmonious relations with the members and general public.
- A professional appearance is important along with excellent skills in human relations with the ability to work as a team member.
- Promotes and follows safe practices, procedures, and safety rules and participates in scheduled Safety Meetings.
- Must be physically able to sit at a computer desk for long periods of time using repetitive hand/arm motion.
- A valid driver’s license in their state of residency is preferred.
- Functions as cashier/receptionist at the front counter and drive-through window as needed.
- Scans and electronically deposits checks.
- Balances cash drawer at the beginning of each day and in the afternoon with the cash out procedure, as well as prepares bank deposit.
- Answers telephone and assists members or routes them to the appropriate departments.
- Assists members with new account connections, reconnections, disconnections, and changes to member accounts.
- Accepts payments by phone from members and/or negotiates acceptable payment arrangements.
- Shall have a detailed knowledge of account classification and be proficient in billing and collection procedures.
- Takes proactive and corrective action to resolve basic member issues, answer questions about service, and processes appropriate member requests pertaining to their electric, internet or propane service or accounts.
- Checks and responds to e-mails, alerts, and other correspondence from members.
- Advises new members of Membership Application and security deposit and applicable policies.
- Mails member packets, high bill packets and related information.
- Responsible for adjustments to the member accounts as necessary.
- Consults with the Director of Member Services or Member Services Representative II on delinquent disconnect orders and assists in obtaining a satisfactory settlement.
- Responsible for the posting of the Cooperative’s AMI readings and receives Large Power readings from linemen.
- Prepares and processes documents for scanning and verification.
- Reviews the AMI meter edit reports each month before bills are mailed.
- Reviews service orders from other departments for accuracy.
- Assists the Member Services Representative II in maintaining capital credit records and re-issues capital credit checks.
- Prepares membership certificates and membership listing monthly for approval by the Board of Directors. Keys and maintains membership certificate numbers on members’ accounts.
- Maintains a complete database record for member accounting, billing, correspondence, memberships, deposits, capital credits distribution, electrical service agreements, and yard light agreements.
- Corresponds with members regarding rates, adjustments, changes, billing complaints, budget billing, and other services.
- Assists members on end-use and high-bill inquiries.
- Assists members with satellite internet inquiries including data use, connectivity issues and plan changes.
- E-mails any changes on employee and complimentary listing to Ruralite each month for Ruralite magazine labels.
- Keys billing information for internet installations and changes to member internet accounts.
- Processes final bills on closed accounts and review and submit reports for refunds checks to the Accounting Department.
- Receives outage calls and enters them into the Cooperative’s Outage Management System(OMS).
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma/GED and at least 5 years’ work experience in a related position.
- Responsible to and under the direct supervision of the Director of Member Services.