We offer several rebates for products and measures that help to save electricity. Each rebate program has very specific requirements. Please call (208) 743-1501 to speak to our Member Services Technician about any programs you may qualify for. You must be a co-op Members/customer to qualify. All rebates must be redeemed within 90 days of purchase. Programs and amounts are subject to change without notice.
Heat Pumps (Ductless, Air Source, & Ground Source)
Heat pumps are one of the most efficient types of heating systems available. Heat pumps will both heat and cool a home and use less than half the energy of a standard electric furnace. All Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) installations will require a performance test after completion of the installation.
- Geothermal / Closed Loop System
Visit the Department of Energy Geothermal Heat Pumps webpage to learn how it works.
Visit the Department of Energy Air-Source Heat Pumps webpage to learn how it works.
- Ductless / Minisplit
Visit the Department of Energy Ductless, Mini-Split Heat Pumps webpage to learn how it works.
- The home must have existing, permanently-installed electric heat (baseboards, furnace, etc.)
- Some rebates may be available for homes that do not have existing electric heat, call for details.
- PTCS certified installation — Visit the PTCS website.
- Some rebates may be available without a PTCS test, call for details.
- Post-installation performance test
- Pre-inspection and post-inspection
Rheem Water Heaters – Retail Markdown
Rheem “Heat Pump” Hybrid Water Heaters
- Extremely High-Efficiency
- 3.5 Energy Factor!
- Leak Detection
- Wi-Fi Controlled Thermostat
- 10-Year Warranty
Rheem Marathon Water Heaters
- Lifetime Warranty on the Tank
- 0.95 Energy Factor
Call (208) 743-1501 for specifications, availability, and pricing. The units are sold directly from our Energy Store, rebates are credited at check-out.
Smart thermostats allow you to schedule your desired temperature settings. Many models can be controlled via wi-fi and some can be incorporated into home automation systems. The following models qualify for a $100 rebate.
- Ecobee 3
- Ecobee 4
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat with Voice Control
(Ecobee Lite does not qualify)
- Nest 3rd Generation
- Nest E
- Carrier Côr (TP-WEM01-A)
- Bryant Housewise (T6-WEM01-A)
Call (208) 743-1501 for more informationSmart Thermostat Rebate Form
Appliances (Clothes Washers, Clothes Dryers, Heat Pump Water Heaters)
- Rebates are dependent on Modified Energy Factor (MEF)
- Higher rebate for homes with an electric water heater
- Higher rebate for homes with an electric dryer
Energy Star® Manufactured Home Rebate
- Qualified Energy Star® Manufactured Homes
- HUD Approved New Construction
- Requires manufacturer’s certification
All insulation rebates require a free pre and post-inspection. Call (208) 743-1501 before you begin your project so our energy technician can help ensure that you will qualify for the largest rebate available.
*Requires permanently-installed electric heat.
*Existing homes only.
Energy Efficient Windows
All window rebates require a free pre and post-inspection. Call (208) 743-1501 before you begin your project so our energy technician can help ensure that you will qualify for the largest rebate available.
- Old windows must be single pane or metal frame
- New windows must meet a U-factor of .3 or better
- Requires permanently-installed electric heat