Effective October 1, 2019, the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) enacted a rate increase of 3.3% on wholesale power and 5.8% on transmission rates to Clearwater Power Company (CPC). Due to this increase in BPA’s rates and other factors, your member-elected Board of Directors, made up of CPC members like yourself, has voted to increase rates. Individual increases will vary depending upon rate class and usage. For residential customers, energy (kWh) rates will not change. The monthly service availability charge will increase by $5. It has been a full two years since Clearwater Power adjusted rates. The new rates will go into effect with your January billing. Affected rate classes include:
- Schedule 1-1 Residential Service  (PDF)
- Schedule 2-4 Small Commercial Service  (PDF)
- Schedule 2-5 Large Commercial Service [72A] (PDF)
- Schedule 2-7 Industrial Service [72AA] (PDF)
- Schedule 2-3 Irrigation Service  (PDF)
- Schedule 1-5 Pre-Pay Residential Sevice [75A] (PDF)
- Schedule 4-8 Outdoor Security Lighting Service  (PDF)
- Schedule 4-6 Street Lighting Service  (PDF)
As you know, Clearwater Power is a not-for-profit utility owned by the people we serve. We strive to keep your rates affordable. We try to be as efficient as possible while keeping your electric distribution system safe and reliable.
We encourage you to visit the Touchstone Energy website to find ideas on how to keep your energy bills affordable. If you don’t have internet access, just stop by the office or give us a call.
If you have any questions about your electric rates or anything else about your electric cooperative, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.
President — Kenneth Weiss,
General Manager — K. David Hagen